About My Book

Learn more about my first book, Six Pack: Emergence.

Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Update: Edits Done

As the title says, the fourth edit-and-revision process of my first book is completed.

Now come a few more steps. First, I'm going to the monthly meeting of the Kansas Writers Association in Wichita tomorrow, to get an idea about what they do and have to offer. Hoping to meet some people who enjoy writing and perhaps learn a few things. I intend to take the first chapter of my book with me to see if somebody is willing to give additional input.

Second comes putting together a query letter and figuring out agents to contact. I imagine the query letter will take as much time to perfect as my first book did.

And then there's the second book in my planned trilogy, which has 12 chapters written, and I really want to get at least the 13th chapter done by the end of the weekend.

I then will take a break from book writing because the Kingman County Fair is next week and I'll be busy covering events (us aspiring writers have to have a steady source of income, after all).

I do plan to share some other tales about myself and the book over time -- tales about myself for those who don't know me personally, and tales about the book for those who do know me (and those just getting to know me, too)

Also, I hope to make more improvements to the blog. Already added a couple of widgets and want to see what else is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment