So because my book will be about teenagers acquiring superpowers, I thought I'd have a little fun and encourage some reader input at this place. I've put together my list of top 10 superpowers that I would want to acquire.
I'm having a little fun with this list, though. Everything needs a little humor, even something as serious as a superpower. Let us begin.
1. Flight: Oh, come on, you all know how much you loved Superman because he could fly! Hey, if you could fly, you wouldn't have to worry about any other mode of transportation. Just up, up and away, and you're there!
2. Telepathy: It would be hard for anyone to keep a secret from you, if you could read their minds. Every politician on the planet would have to tell the truth around you, ditto for every corporate CEO and special interest group spokesperson.
3. Telekinesis: No need to physically move something, because you could just look an object, thinking about moving it, and it's done! How easy it would be to move furniture around. Of course, you'd have to look at what you want to move, so you couldn't just sit on the couch and get a snack without going into the kitchen.
4. Super strength: OK, so with this, you could easily move furniture around, too. And if your car got stuck in a ditch, no need to call a tow truck!
5. X-ray vision: No way anybody could hide something from you -- well, unless they put in a lead case, of course.
6. Super speed: Not quite as cool as flight, but it still means you have less worries about needing other forms of transportation. As long as your shoelaces stay tied, anyway.
7. Ability to control metal: It's Magneto's power, what more do you need to know?
8. Intangibility: Why bothering opening a door, when you can just walk right through it? With that said, you'd have to control it well, or you'd keep falling out of bed (through bed?).
9. Teleportation: Again, not as cool as flight or super speed, but still a fun way to get to where you want to go quickly. And a good way to avoid a rushing crowd that wants your autograph.
10. Super hearing: Nobody would ever talk behind your back again, would they?
So what would be your top superpowers?