About My Book

Learn more about my first book, Six Pack: Emergence.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Start of a New Journey

And so we begin a new journey.

Here, you're going to get a glimpse into my mind about whatever topic comes to mind, but most of them will have something to do with the fiction I am writing.

I do plan to share more details over time, but right now, am holding back a bit. Hey, I do need you a little bit in suspense, don't I?

There are a few hints I can drop for you about what the book will be about, by talking about some of the subjects that have held interest to me through the years.

* I'm a comic book geek. I've been one for longer than I've wanted to admit, but I've learned to embrace it.

* I've been fascinated with superheroes with superpowers, and can appreciate how they've been made to be more than just people who can fix everything in the blink of an eye.

* I've gained a greater appreciation for American history and how events have shaped the United States.

* I've become more interested in the First Amendment and what it's all about (and I suppose that's natural for someone who has written for newspapers for many years) and about how important dissent can be to shaping a society.

* I'm a noninterventionist when it comes to foreign policy and believe we sometimes get too wrapped up in the need to feel "safe."

* I'm highly skeptical of narratives and "easy answers" to problems society faces.

* I've had plenty of interest in science fiction, even as I'm not the sharpest person when it comes to understanding everything about science.

* I've found plenty of inspiration from several writers of TV shows, movies and books.

You'll learn more about my thoughts about these subjects, and there will be times I'll tell you about how they influenced my fiction writing. You might also learn what was the inspiration behind the blog title.

As I wrote at my previous blog, I plan to put something up every Thursday.

Hope you enjoy this new ride with me.

2 comments: