About My Book

Learn more about my first book, Six Pack: Emergence.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Publisher Was Found... So Now What?

November, as most writers knows, is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) but, while I had hoped to participate, my recent agreement to have my first book published by Clean Reads has changed those plans.

Long story short: I had to spend some time completing pre-edits on my first book before sending it back to Clean Reads, so I had to delay other writing projects I had planned.

Instead, I'll be using the month of November to accomplish two things: To spend some time talking up my forthcoming book and to complete the third edit of my planned second book.

Regarding the first book, I can tell you that it will first be released as an e-book and will be available through multiple sites (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Smashwords, iTunes) but it has to hit a certain threshold before it will be made available as a print book. I don't have a date of release yet -- keep in mind things are still early in the publishing process and I'm still working with the staff on edits as I speak.

As for what I plan to discuss about the first book, I want to talk about the characters I created and what went into creating them. One thing I can tell you is that all of my primary characters have a little bit of me in them (that's not unusual among writers) but I worked in other traits I've observed in other people (as many writers will tell you, observing the actions of others is often how they come up with characters).

As for the third edit of my second book, that may come along slowly given that I am needing to prioritize my first book. I'm hopeful, though, that I can work in enough of the second book to get it finished by the end of the month.

I can tell you my excitement level has increased knowing that I'm that much closer to having a published novel. I hope to build your excitement and interest, too.

For everyone who has stopped by the blog, thanks for following me and being patient as my journey into the publishing world has progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment