About My Book

Learn more about my first book, Six Pack: Emergence.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Life Of A Writer Goes On

This is the time of year in which I'd like to get more things done with my planned novel series but other projects and activities pull me away.

School is underway here in Kingman, Kan., and with it comes the host of fall sports programs the student athletes play. Football, volleyball, golf, tennis and cross country -- it means I have five stories to write about Kingman athletics and two to three each for two other schools in our coverage area.

Consequently, that's where my writing duties are focused, meaning I haven't had as much time to sit down and focus on the second book in my planned series. I did complete the first draft of it back in July and am now into the second draft. I have written 31,090 words in the second draft, leaving me just shy of halfway done. With any luck, I can some more work done this (Sunday) afternoon, after having spent most of Saturday with other activities.

The good news, though, is that my first work of fiction has been published -- though it's not the first novel in my planned series. (Still waiting to hear back from publishers queried but fingers remain crossed.) It's a short story in the Kansas Writers Association anthology, Kansas Dreams. The Kansas-themed anthology features more than 20 authors who contributed short stories and poems.

The anthology is sold to raise funds for KWA and may be ordered through Lulu. However, the anthology is available as a free e-book download through Amazon until Aug. 24. If you do enjoy the collection, kindly consider buying a copy through Lulu -- it doesn't cost much and you'll be supporting the KWA.

In the meantime, I do plan to pull out a few examples of my writing from e-wrestling in the next week or so, as part of a discussion about what voice is all about. And I may talk about what inspired the short story I wrote for the anthology.

No comments:

Post a Comment